How Far West has impacted the agricultural industry with generous donations from our members.
- We first passed the Ag Exemption for FIFRA products stored in Washington State, then sold into surrounding states thus correcting the market driven storage locations closer to the where it is used. Second, in this year’s session we got the sunset date removed so it is now permanent.
- We expanded the 10-month hours of services exemption from 10 months to 12 months in Washington State.
- We obtained an agribusiness exemption for the classroom portion of a CDL licensing requirement in Washington State.
- We obtained a special DOT permit for oversized and over length tender trucks in Oregon State.
- For the fourth consecutive year we fought back the minimum crew size on certain hazardous trains in Washington State.
- We successfully opposed the ban on Chlorpyrifos and Neonicotinoids in Oregon State.
- We interrupted the passage of numerous Bills that would have resulted in a carbon tax within various states along with other climate change proposed legislation.
- We successfully petitioned WA State DOE to remove Ammonium Sulfate from the State Toxic Air Pollutant list and are in the process of doing the same in Oregon. Not only does this correct a wrong but it stops a dangerous precedent from occurring.