Far West Agribusiness Association recognizes outstanding individuals in our industry for their service, excellence, and knowledge through four awards. We accept nominations in the fall before our winter conference.
Marilyn Cramer Safety Award
The Far West Agribusiness Association Marilyn Cramer Safety Award is designed to honor accomplishments in the area of safety, the environment and health. This award is open to any employee of an FWAA member who has contributed significantly to safety, environmental or health advances.
Candidates should have demonstrated:
- Achievements or accomplishments in their company that impacted safety
- Achievements or accomplishments in the industry that impacted safety
- Ability to recognize a “safety need” and to develop a policy or procedure to meet the safety need
- Ability to positively influence others
- Ability to set a positive example
The Far West Agribusiness Association Service Award is designed to honor employees in retail agricultural dealerships.
Candidates must be employees of an FWAA member company, have at least five (5) years experience in the industry, and demonstrate:
- Excellence in service to their employers, customers, fellow workers and the industry
- Good attitude and compliance towards company policies & procedures
- Respect for employee, customer safety and environment
- Innovation in finding and developing efficiencies in the delivery of products and services to the customer
- Ability to provide employer with viable suggestions to improve services, while maintaining safety precautions
- Respect of the environment, personal property, and assets of the company
Sherman McGregor Award
The Sherman McGregor Award is the highest award given by Far West Agribusiness Association, representing meritorious service to the industry as a whole. The Candidate is one who ethically competed in the marketplace, but was one who also promoted the industry as a whole. The person selected is recognized as being an innovator, fair to customers and as having a conservation ethic towards land stewardship.
The Candidate must have exhibited and meet the following criteria:
- Good stewardship
- Positive advocate for the overall industry
- Advocate for Agronomic research
- Advocate for practical grower application alternatives